Life Income Plans
You can make a gift to through a trust or annuity that will pay you and/or another beneficiary annual income for life. At the death of the last income beneficiary, the remaining principal is transferred to the charity.
Gifts for the charity’s general charitable purposes are most helpful in giving the charities’ leaders the flexibility to apply the funds where needed most. However, it also is possible to designate your gift for a particular purpose.
How a Life Income Plan Works
- Donor transfers an asset to a life income plan.
- Donor/beneficiary receives annual income.
- When the plan terminates, the remainder principal passes to the charity.
- Savings on income, capital gains, gift, and/or estate taxes
- The ability to convert low- or non-income producing assets into a gift with an attractive income stream
- Professional management and investment diversification through a management company.